Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Day Activity- Homemade playdough!

I woke up this morning to school closings due to the impending snowfall expected where we live today.  Well not only do my plans change with work, but now I need to entertain the kiddies indoors last minute.  What to do?  My one son is 7 years old and the other is almost 2.  There isn't much they like to do together due to the age difference.  I decided to make playdough.  The seven year old can mold the dough into whatever he likes and the other gets to practice his sensory development!  Win-win situation. 

Here is a really simple recipe that took less than 5 minutes to throw together:



Ingredients-
1 cup of salt
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of flour
saucepan
(food coloring optional)

Combine ingredients in the saucepan and heat over medium heat until the dough is formed.  It took like a minute for me!  I was surprised it was that fast.  As the dough cools, knead in some additional flour to make the dough workable and not sticky.




Check out our snowman we made during the snowstorm INDOORS and cozy! 



Have a fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment