Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lego Week- Lego Card & Gift Card Holder

I am loving Lego Week! Today I wanted to share a birthday card I made for a little boy who loves Legos. It was a super simple card to make.


The card is a 5 x 7 black card stock card. I cut a 4.5 x 6.5 piece of white card stock and adhered it to the black base. I then took some bright colors of card stock in red, yellow, green, and blue. I cut different sizes- 2 x 2, 1 x 2, 1 x 4, 2 x 4. I then used a 3/4 inch hole punch for the circles. I love to ink the edges of all my papers so that they pop off the page. I added pop dots to the circles so they would have dimension. After that, I added the "4" and stamped "happy birthday". It was surprisingly fast, after I knew what I wanted to do with the card. I'm happy with it! 

Here is a gift card holder I put together, too. 


I cut a piece of cardstock at 8 x 4.5. I folded one end over so that it was about 2 inches short of the top, then I folded the top over so it overlapped a bit. I cut out another cardstock at 10 x 1.5. I put it against the card and folded both sides around the whole card, using adhesive to tape the strip together. I added the circles to make both pieces look like Legos and used a Lego logo from some old packaging. Now all I need is a gift card for a local store selling Legos to attach to the inside! The sleeve helps keep the card holder closed. 


Do you have any Lego Inspired crafts to share? Add your link to our comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment