Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Say No More, Mon Amour! It's Rex Manning Day!

We are a bit in love with Empire Records and I've had the whole movie memorized for years. Today is Rex Manning Day and I wanted to celebrate this movie and share some great music related crafts I've seen.



Here is a tutorial on how to make a notebook from an old record. I love this idea and tutorial by Stars For Streetlights. 


Next is this cool wristband also made from a record by College Candy. I've seen a ton of jewelry made from records and guitar strings and picks- so cool!


I love this coin purse made from an old cassette tape by chezlin.  I also saw a notebook made with a tape- very cute! 


DIY Fashion  shows you how to make this wallet, too! 


If you have one of those pick punches you could cut picks out of lots of different materials! Shannon once covered an entire scrapbook with them for me. I love this guitar pick table. I can think of a lot of things I'd love to cover in guitar picks. 



DIY Budget Girl shows you how to make a shelf out of an old guitar. I've seen lots of these online for sale and just think its a great idea if I ever find a cheap guitar at a thrift store.




I've seen a lot of tutorials for melting records into bowls. Here's one from Instructables.com. I have a few of these and I use them around my craft table. 


I hope you are inspired to make some music related projects - I know I'm dying to try out a few of these this weekend! The time to hesitate is through. 










No comments:

Post a Comment