Thursday, April 3, 2014

How to dress like Captain America



Looking for inspiration in fashion is something everyone does. Sometimes, you just don't realize you are doing it. Today, I am inspired to dress like the one and only Captain America...Aka Steve Rogers. I have been waiting for the new movie to release and am super excited the time has almost come. I am currently piecing an outfit to wear to the movies when my husband take me on a date with the kids to see it.

First of all, if you never heard of Captain America, you must be living under a rock. But in case you are unsure of who he is, he was a soldier who during WWII went through an experimental procedure which transformed him into a Super Soldier. He is practically unstoppable and super sexy! His most prized possession must be his trusty shield because that thing has saved his life more than a few times! He never leaves home without it.

When I made my first Super Hero inspired necklace, it was my Captain America necklace. I was inspired by his shield the most and hope that you can see how I incorporated the shield into the concept of the design.
When planning my outfit, I first think of the color scheme I want to bring in from my inspiration. Captain America is TOTALLY 100% Americana so obviously red, white and blue come to mind immediately. I would also use silver as it is metallic and reminds me of his strong shield. Designs to consider would be stars, stripes and circles.



Boots would make the most sense to wear with the outfit because he is a soldier and soldiers wear boots. I would even love to see a pair of Doc Martin Red combat boots here. If you like wearing tall boots, I would wear jeans under brown boots.



When syling yourself while being inspired by something, you really need to remember your details and accessories. Nail art is super trendy right now. I am in no way a nail art artist, but it doesn't mean I can't have fun! I would keep the color scheme the same as the clothing. Red, white, blue and silver. Personally, I love glitter and would definitely throw silver glitter into the nail design. Heck, maybe even some stars! Since I am a beginner, I think I will try doing a white nail with red stripes, a blue nail with white dots, a silvery glitter nail, a star nail and lastly, captain America's shield (if i can).


I am totally in love with styling this outfit with a circle purse. It is a perfect nod to his trusty shield. Would you agree?



No comments:

Post a Comment