Thursday, January 23, 2014

Super Hero Tower Part 2- Dollhouse Furniture

Here is the latest on the Super Hero Tower that is in progress. I have successfully found wooden furniture at my local thrift stores, craft stores, and Tuesday Morning store for decent prices. I wanted to be able to paint and put stickers on the furniture so I didn't want any plastic or girly things. Here are some of the things I've done so far!


I painted all of the furniture in colors I thought reminded me of different heroes.


I used mod podge over stickers on some of the furniture.



There happened to be little slots on this book shelf, allowing me to put some plywood in to look like a door. I covered it in chalkboard paint so the kids can decorate the door and add windows. It's easily removable and works on the bottom two "floors" of the tower.


Why yes, that is Cyclops in the mirror of that vanity. 


And Thor in the mirror in the bathroom, with a Captain America bathtub and something from Mr. Freeze's Imaginext set. 


The BatCave isn't quite finished yet. I'm planning to attach fabric to the front to hide the cars underneath using Velcro. 


Here's a peek at what it looks like so far, without all of the Super Heroes and accessories from the play sets.



I hope you are enjoying it so far! I will have a final post up when I finish my last touches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment